I have no idea what to write this week.
The week seemed longer than normal.
I spent much more time talking about how I was doing than I would have preferred.
But life for me hasn’t changed all that much.
Yes, I am working from home for the next two months. I am actually pretty happy about that.
Yes, I can’t go to the grocery store right now. I may have been exposed to the virus, so I am making sure I stay away from people for the full 14 days.
But, I am ok with staying at home by myself. I have a good stock of food and supplies. I have a bunch of creative outlets at home and plenty to do to keep myself occupied.
So, as an introvert, I am ok.
But I am worried about my family. I have friends who are sick, and I worry about them. I feel helpless to do anything. I can’t volunteer (which is how I usually help). I don’t have a ton of money to donate, so I can’t help in that way, and I have little to no budget to help small businesses by buying extra stuff right now.
I am stressed about how much everyone’s life is going to change as this continues. People are going to get sick and not survive. People are going to get sick and recover but never be the same. People are going to be so financially impacted, they may never recover.
So, I am trying to balance the belief that everything will be ok with a worry that it really won’t be.
And the world is full of advice right now, so I feel like anything I put out into the world isn’t really needed.
Positivity is hard to find these days, but here are a few positive things that happened to me this week.
- My neighbors and I took turns shoveling the front sidewalks so that none of us got stuck with clearing 6 inches of heavy wet snow. It was kinda cool how it happened without any coordination at all.
- One of my neighbors drew a smiley face in the snow on my car. It made me smile.
- On one of my walks, there is a yard where the homeowner has decided to create art with blocks of wood and rocks. It gets more colorful each time I walk by, and it makes me happy.
- One of my coworkers owns chickens and offered me some eggs.
- My coworkers shared pictures of their pets all week on our team chat to help lift spirits. They all made me smile.
So, even though things are crazy right now, I am going to try to focus on the small moments of light in the day. I am going to limit how much news I watch. And I am still going to write this blog. Because even when I am feeling down, when I start writing, it helps me find the positive.
I hope that you are all adjusting to the world as it is right now. Feel free to post your positives in the comments, and we can start a whole positive chain.
Shelley Neiman says
If you need anything from the store, please don’t hesitate to let me know, I am more than happy to do porch drop off. Hope you are doing well! 🤗
Thank you my dear. I am doing well and glad to hear you and the family are doing well!