It has been nine months since I have written.
Many things are different. Many things are the same.
- The Pandemic is still happening.
- I am still working and loving my work.
- I am still staying home as much as possible to try not to get sick.
- I got a dog. It was probably one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life.
- I lost a family member to cancer.
- I walk a lot more now.
The last nine months have not been easy. 2021 has been worse than 2020 for me. But, every day, I get up and remember that I still want to be here on the planet. I still want to live life.
So, I am back here writing to you. I have been writing for myself the entire time. I have filled up journal books with my rambling thoughts. And I haven’t really felt comfortable letting you all in to those thoughts. I have felt like I am in the minority on how I am dealing with the pandemic, and I just wasn’t able to deal with any sort of criticism that might come from me putting things out in the world. I was also feeling very burdened by this blog. The work I was putting in each week to make sure everything was grammatically correct and looked good. The promotion on social media. It became a 2-3 hour process that I just couldn’t sustain. So, I left it behind.
But lately, I have been feeling very stuck. I hit the pandemic wall in January and haven’t moved from there. I don’t like being in this place and one thing I thought would help, is getting back to talking to all of you.
The blog going forward is going to be a little different. I am not going to be trying to make it perfect. I am not going to run it through the grammar checker, so things will not sound polished. I am going to write the way I talk, and send that out to you guys. I am likely not going to do a bunch of social media for it. I took a complete social media break for a couple of weeks and it was like a balm for my soul. So, I won’t be out there promoting this all the time.
I also think that I am going to change a lot of the focus. There will probably be less mental health (although I still expect some) and more about the things I am trying to do to get moving in life. Focusing less on being reluctant and more on actually adulting.
For now, here is what you can expect:
- I hope to be more interactive with you. Telling you about what is happening with me and asking more about your experiences.
- I hope to have some more practical solutions to tackling life.
- I hope to include more things that I am doing like sewing projects and home improvement with more details on what I am doing.
- And finally, I will be putting this out on a regular basis. I am hoping to make it weekly but it may start with every other week.
What I ask of you:
- If you want to continue to follow the blog, the best bet is to sign up to get it emailed to you. That way you can read at your leisure.
- If you don’t want to do the email, then make sure to watch my Insta or Facebook stories. It takes a long time for me to curate a post, but stories are quick, so I will likely post there.
- Please feel free to comment and send me feedback. I do welcome it and know that is the only way I can get better.
I am looking forward to sharing all kinds of things with you in the future. Thanks for following along.